Wednesday, July 7, 2010

'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' opening weekend brings out a proposal and a passing


This weekend's opening of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse was record-breaking, star-studded, and otherwise . . . well . . . eventful.

To hear that a Twilight film has inspired the range of human behaviors is not surprising to most, but in these two particular situations, it's a cut above the usual (the usual in the Twilight world, that is).
First with the bad news. A man in New Zealand passed away, The New Zealand Herald reports, during an Eclipse screening. What's odd about it is the way he was discovered: "Around 8:20 in the evening, after the movie had finished, the man remained as the only audience member left in the cinema and was slumped forward in his chair, said Detective Miller. A staff thought the man fell asleep and asked aid from the security to check on him. Paramedics were immediately rushed to the scene but failed to resuscitate the man."


Now on to the good news. Eclipsemovie.org reports that a reader of the site proposed to his girlfriend during the film screening, saying "The Twilight books were a source that kick-started my relationship with my girlfriend. Three and half great years later, I managed to get my manager at the movie theater I work at to allow me to ask her to marry me at the Eclipse midnight premiere. I couldn’t have asked for a better environment and crowd."

No comments:

Post a Comment